Barnes & Noble’s Dual-Screen Nook Debuts
Gizmodo spotted the dual-screen Nook at Barnes & Noble’s site, which later pulled out the content. But that’s too late as Gizmodo has screenshot the content (should we always have to do so just in case? 😕 )
What do we know about Nook?
- ebook format in ePub & Adobe PDF
- Dimension: 7.7″x4.9″x5″
- Dual screens: a 6″ E-ink display on top for displaying book text and a 3.5″ touchscreen LCD below for navigation.
- Free AT&T 3G and 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi
- 2GB internal memory (that’s not large) and microSD expansion slot
- Charge time 3.5 hours by microUSB (the only way to charge?)
- Up to ten days for reading (well, on what condition?)
- Audio playback in MP3, with a 3.5mm headphone jack for output
- Price tag at $259, matching Amazon’s price for the latest edition of Kindle
The spec looks attractive. As long as B&N can offer large collection of ebooks from various genes in more reasonable pricing. I hope this Nook won’t be like Microsoft Zune. 😉